Roles and responsibilities: Queen’s Warehouse
The C&S team will:
- detect, tally, sample and store in the Queens Warehouse all notifiable seizures;
- produce monthly dashboard statistics showing notified seizures;
- abide by the existing guidance on handling seized goods which is being held as evidence for use in future prosecutions.
- provide additional seizure data to ESM, LBS and TCoE when required.
- notify the Tobacco Manufactures of all notifiable seizures and provide samples;
- arrange and supervise inspections of notified seizures by tobacco manufacturers;
- receive and distribute to Detection and LBS information provided by tobacco manufacturers about the notified seizures.
- store all notified seizures until such time as they may be disposed of (the date will be advised by TCoE and will be at least one calendar month after the date on which the tobacco manufacturer was provided with written notification that the seizure has been made);
- with C&S team, facilitate any inspection of the seizures by tobacco manufacturers;
- securely dispose of the seizures after the agreed time for retention, or the need for the seizure to be retained for a subsequent prosecution has expired;
- retain any samples that may be required following destruction of the bulk of the seizure.
- Liase with the FCLO manager regarding notification of seizures to non-UK manufacturers.