Roles and responsibilities: Customs & Indirect Tax, Tobacco Policy Team
The Tobacco Policy Team will:
- support operational business areas with interpretation of law, policy and guidance;
- provide assistance in reviewing and evaluating decisions to specify brands, countries, or person and the possible issue of initial notices or a penalty notice;
- provide assistance to LB in defending departmental policy in any review or tribunal;
- be proactive in discussion with LB;
- monitor and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of the legislation.