Roles and responsibilities: Tobacco Centre of Expertise (TCoE)
- collate intelligence and seizure data relating to the tobacco manufacturers, their supply chain controls and current smuggling risks;
- maintain a record of contacts with tobacco manufacturers and of what has been discussed;
- recommend to LBS where they believe a country or brand should be specified (see section 4);
- recommend to LBS where they believe that they have evidence to support the issuing of an initial notice or penalty notice;
- support LBS in the decisions it must take about the operating of the scheme and in its contact with the tobacco manufacturers;
- be proactive in discussion with other key business areas - especially LBS and ESM.
- carry out monthly reviews of seizure data and produce a monthly report showing progress made on specified brands and countries; and
- ensure timely completion of specification reports.