Roles and responsibilities: Large Business Services (LBS)
This section describes the roles and responsibilities of each business area within HMRC that is involved in delivering the system of supply chain controls.
- be the primary interface between HMRC and the tobacco manufacturers in relation to the supply chain control system;
- assure the tobacco manufacturers’ supply chain policies and their adherence to them;
- deal with all written correspondence and verbal enquiries from tobacco manufacturers about the scheme (with the exception of standard notification of seizures and receipt of information about seizures that fall to Tobacco Counting and Sampling Team at Finningley Queen’s Warehouse (the C&S team);
- manage the notification of specified brands, countries and initial notices;
- be (ultimately) responsible for calculating and issuing any penalty;
- be proactive in arranging and participating in meetings with the other core internal stakeholders;
- be responsible for making arrangements for any departmental review and liasing with Solicitors on any subsequent tribunal following the issue of a penalty;
- maintain a record of contact with tobacco manufacturers.
- be responsible for receipt and analysis of specified information requests.