Specialist areas - Valuables: Valuables team (Introduction)
The Tax Credit Office (TCO), both in Great Britain and Northern Ireland, has a Valuables Team.
The Post Room in the TCO will
- send any valuable item that they receive to their own respective Valuables Team
- send any requests from customers for a replacement birth certificate to the appropriate Operations area.
The Valuables Team is responsible for
Note: Cash cheques may have been used as a payment method prior to April 2017, however since April 2017 customers will need to be paid directly into a bank or building society account. Customers will be required to supply us with account details to enable payments to be made.
- destroying any Post Office™ card account payment cards that have been sent to them in error by the customer
- where any other valuable item that has been requested by the TCO
- sending the original valuable item to Compliance
- sending a photocopy of the valuable item to the appropriate Operations area and then returning the original to the customer
- returning the valuable item to the customer where any other valuable item hasn’t been requested by the TCO
- sending the valuable item to the correct office (where the valuable item has been sent to the TCO by mistake) - for example, sending an Invalid Care Allowance book to the Invalid Care Allowance Unit
- issuing a replacement birth certificate to the customer where
- the original birth certificate has been damaged - for example, sliced by the post opening machine or torn
- the customer has made a request for one. A replacement birth certificate will only be issued to the customer if the original birth certificate was received by the Valuables Team and then it was subsequently misplaced by the TCO.
The Operations area will try to obtain the information that the Valuables Team needs to issue the customer with a replacement birth certificate.