Specialist Areas - proof of Benefits Requests (one off requests) - IAA Team only
Before you follow this guidance make sure
- you follow the guidance in TCM0138020
- you have the correct user roles to follow this guidance.
- you are in the correct MU. Use TCM0322460 for the correct MU number.
Note: When sending customer, staff or process data to another individual or team, make sure you follow the latest data security guidelines or contact the Data Guardian or Data Security Team for advice.
Consider the request.
If you are dealing with a request for information and there is a TC689 attached, follow the guidance in TCM0064300.
If you are dealing with a request for information and there is a 64-8 attached, follow the guidance in TCM0062060.
If you are dealing with a letter requesting proof of or confirmation of benefits, go to
Consider if the letter is a one off request for confirmation of or proof of benefits or is unrelated to the tax credits claim.
If the letter is not a one off request for information, follow the guidance in TCM0062060 or TCM0064300.
If the letter is a one off request for information
- send the request for information to the Customer Information Team (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)
- update household notes with the message MG03 from TCM0162080. For how to do this use TCM1000001
- take no further action.