Renewals - work lists (Unprocessed): Unprocessed S17 work list - AA action - verification failure (AG)
To deal with an entry on the Unprocessed S17 work list with a reason of Verification Failure, consider steps 1 to 6.
Use Function MAINTAIN WORKLIST
- select the Unprocessed S17 work list from the drop down list for the Worklist Type field
- select the office or unit you want from the drop down list for the Management Unit (MU) field (if the one you want isn’t already displayed in this field). The screen will be redisplayed with the entries currently on the work list for your MU
- sort and filter the work list by the ‘P’ marker so that all the priority cases are identified. Follow the guidance in TCM0140020
Note: Your manager will be able to provide you with a list of the relevant MU numbers you’ll need.
- go to Step 2.
In Function MAINTAIN WORKLIST
- select the entry in the work list you want to work
- select [Details]. You’ll be taken to the Worklist Entry Details screen where more details of the selected work item will be displayed
- make a note of the customer’s NINO
- go to Step 3.
Return to the Maintain Worklist screen
- select ‘File’ on the toolbar menu
- select ‘Next Function’ from the options available
- select Function MANAGE VERIFICATION FAILURES
- select [OK]
check the Rule No column in the bottom left hand side of the Manage Verification Failures screen
- If any of Rules 2b, 4, 5 or 12 are displayed, cancel out of Function MANAGE VERIFICATION FAILURES and take no further action.
- If none of Rules 2b, 4, 5 or 12 are displayed, go to Step 4.
Cancel out of the Manage Verification Failures screen
when the message ‘You will not save any changes you have made - do you wish to proceed?’ displays
- select ‘Yes’. You’ll be taken back to the Maintain Worklist screen in Function MAINTAIN WORKLIST
- go to Step 5.
Use Function CAPTURE RENEWAL DECLARATION and go to the Declaration screen
- select ‘Paper’ from the Change Source drop down menu
Use Function MAINTAIN WORKLIST to select the Unprocessed S17 work list
using sort and filter, check using the relevant NINO to determine if the work item is still on the work list. If the work item
- is still on the work list, transfer it to the ‘Worked and Cleared’ MU. Follow the guidance in TCM0140020.
- isn’t still on the work list, take no further action.
- has re-populated the work list with a reason other than Uncoc, transfer the work item to the ‘Rogue’ MU. Use TCM0322460 for the correct MU number. The new work item will then be moved on to the correct MU by the housekeeping team.