Changes - death (customer): Death of a customer - reporting to TCO (Info)
An executor, next of kin, personal representative, guardian or surviving partner may notify the death of a customer through one of the following sources
- letter to Tax Credit Office (TCO)
- phoning a Contact Centre
- reporting the death to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or a Jobcentre Plus (JCP) office in Great Britain or the Department for Communities (DfC) in Northern Ireland
- on a tax credits form or award notice. If it has been issued
- by the Priority 1 Team, it will have Priority 1 team clearly marked on the front and will be returned directly to that team.
- through the normal procedures, it will be sent to the Priority 1 team without being captured.
If you are notified of the death of a customer from one of these sources, you must direct the case straight away to the TCO Priority 1 team.
When you refer the case to the Priority 1 team, you must provide the details of the executor, next of kin, personal representative, guardian or surviving partner along with the deceased’s
- date of birth
- date of death.
There is an Action Guide for this subject, select TCM0040120 to access it