Appeals: Statement of Account appeals
Before you follow this guidance make sure
- you have the correct user roles to follow this guidance. Use the B&C Roles and Access Catalogue. You can find this by going to the Benefits & Credits homepage, selecting ‘R’ on the B&C A-Z index, selecting ‘Roles and Access Process’, selecting ‘Roles & Access Catalogue’ from the Related links menu
- you are in the correct MU. Use TCM0322460. for the correct MU number.
The receipt of a Statement of Account (TC607) will carry appeal rights where
- the status was ‘open’ or ‘ceased’ prior to a termination where the award was not provisional
- the claim has been terminated as a result of a regulation 14 decision because the customer has not provided bank details.
In the interim, any appeals received against the Statement of Account should be treated as a late appeal against the original decision and checked to determine if the customer has any grounds for appeal other than disputing the overpayment.
Note: when sending customer, staff or process data to another individual or team, make sure you follow the latest data security guidelines or contact the Data Guardian / Data Security Team for advice.
Check whether the address is the same as the one on the customer’s letter of appeal. For how to do this, use TCM1000111.
If the address is the same, go to Step 2.
If the address is not the same
- note the new address
- go to Step 2.
- check if the message PB25 from TCM0168020 is present in Household Notes. For how to do this use TCM1000067.
If the appeal is against a statement of account that was issued following a decision made because the customer has not provided bank details, go to Step 3.
If the appeal is against a Statement of Account (TC607) and the status was ‘open’ or ‘ceased’ prior to the termination and the award was not provisional, go to Step 3.
If the appeal is against a decision that carries a right of appeal, go to Step 3.
If the appeal is not against a decision that carries a right of appeal but the customer has raised other grounds of appeal, go to Step 3.
If the appeal is not against a decision that carries a right of appeal and the customer hasn’t raised other grounds of appeal, go to Step 4.
Process the appeal. Follow the guidance in TCM0014040.
Send form TC822 to the customer
- send the correspondence to the relevant team