Appendices: Policies: Using the Service
- Only HMRC Members can request a new Room.
- A Room must only be created for genuine business purposes.
- A Room for HMRC only use must be created as an ‘HMRC only’ Room.
- A Room for Customer use must be created as a ‘Customer Room’.
- A Customer Room should only be created where the Organisation has agreed to use SW.
- The Business Unit is responsible for the Room and any changes made.
- An HMRC Business Authorising Officer (BAO) must not be added to a Room until they have successfully completed the BAO Learning package.
- On creation of a Room the BAO must check it meets the business purpose and that the right people with the right access have been added.
- All Room front pages are to be made read-only.
- Members must not search for a Room without a genuine business need.
- Members must not search for an organisation without a genuine business need.
Adding an Organisation to a Room
- An organisation must only be created where there is a business need.
- The Customer Organisation Representative details and email address must be authenticated before adding the organisation to a Room.
- An organisation must only be added to a Room where it is in line with the purpose of the Room.
- Two or more Customer Organisations can only share the same Room where they agree to share all information they add or create in the Room, and written agreement is held by HMRC.
- Under no circumstances should any information with a marking of CONFIDENTIAL, SECRET or TOP SECRET be added to Shared Workspace SW03150
- Room content cannot be deleted without approval of the HMRC Business Authorising Officer.
- All Room front pages are to be made read-only by the HMRC Business Authorising Officer.
- Where access controls SW07410 are used, the item must be hidden so that it can only be viewed by members who can open it.
- Where two or more Customer Organisations share a Room no Access Controls are to be set on information added to or created in the Room.
- The Intercom tool must not be used for any customer related conversations