Over-repayments: £100p and due to Official Error
Take the following action if the over-repayment is over £100 and recoverable but there has been an Official Error.
If the Official Error instructions allow you to waive the whole over-repayment ask an RE or Inspector to authorise the waiver as follows. Send
- over-repayments less than £ 400 to an RE
- over-repayments £ 400 or more to an Inspector
If the Official Error instructions at AP4732 onwards allow you to waive part of the over- repayment
- follow the steps at RM5156
- decide how much of the over-repayment you can forgo
when you ask the claimant to agree your proposals
- follow the instructions at RM5172
- include items (B), (C) and (D) from AP4740(b)(ii) substituting the words `over- repayment’ for `under-assessment’.