Payable orders: Replacement of manual payable order: different amount
When you are issuing a replacement manual payable order in a different amount to the original complete Prime Format as follows.
|NINO/REGISTER NO||The claims reference number|
|YEAR||The last two numbers of the year|
|Example: for 1990-91 enter 91|
You will get Format 1 with the previous entries shown unprotected so that you can make any amendments. Use the rules for completion of Format 1 at RM2560 with one exception, namely
|TOTAL TAX ALREADY REPAID MANUALLY FOR THIS YEAR||Enter 0.00 as the payable order has been cancelled. You must not leave it blank.|
Complete Format 2 using the rules at RM2568.
Complete Format 3 using the rules at RM2572.
- wait for the hardcopy
- complete an amended R37
- if the repayment is more than £ 250,000 complete a form R49
- strike through the amount box on the R23 and enter the amended figures. Take care not to obliterate the original
- the hardcopy and R23 show CANCELLED or STOPPED
- the re-issue box contains the serial number of the cancelled or stopped payable order
- pass the file through for repayment.