RO instructions: When and how to make a provisional repayment
Make a provisional repayment if all the following conditions are met
- your Group Leader has cancelled the original computation
- you have some valid vouchers (RM4236)
- the delay has not been caused by the claimant or agent
you cannot repay in full because you need to make a submission or you need to confirm the details on a voucher or ask another District or section for informationthere is some repayment due which will not be affected by a point of principle
- about which you need Head Office advice
- which is in dispute.If the above conditions are met go back into Format 2 of CL .
Format 2 will show you the repayment calculation made by the computer before you began the detailed check. Make the following entries
|Field||Notes and action required|
|AMOUNT||Enter the amount you want to repay.|
You can repay up to the amount for which you have valid vouchers (RM4296).
Exclude any amount which is under enquiry because of a point of principle.
Do not enter more than 75 per cent of the total repayment calculated by the computer before the detailed check.
|If you leave this field blank the computer will repay 75 per cent of the total repayment calculated before the detailed check.|
The other rules for completing CL are as at RM2560 onwards.