This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Repayment Claims Manual

Registering claims: when they have been registered

When you have registered all the claims

  • connect them with the files
  • check whether there is a voucher(s) with each claim.
  • If there are vouchers
  • pass the R40(SP) cases to the RA
  • pass all other cases to the allocation officer.If there are no vouchers

  • tick box 1 on form R186
  • issue form R186 to the claimant
  • put a note in the file to show that the claim has been registered and form R186 issued
  • put the file away.