This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Repayment Claims Manual

RO instructions: If you issue a claim form manually

If you issue any claim form manually

  • unless you have an existing claims case record in your Office, leave the reference blank
  • if the form is an R40 or R249 enclose a form R500
  • if the form is an R40(SP) enclose forms R500 and R501.