Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Repayment Claims Manual

RO instructions: Claim forms

The simplified claim form R40SP is not suitable for issue to an agent. Issue form R40.

Use the table below to decide which claim form to issue.

Click here to see Table

There are fields in CZ and CL which allow you to ask the Processing Centre to issue automatically any of the following claim forms for 1990-91 onwards

  • R40
  • R40(SP)
  • R249.

The Processing Centre will issue a form R501 with every R40SP. Form R501 enables claimants to notify additional income and gives further information about taxable Social Security benefits.

The following forms must be issued manually

  • any form for 1989-90 or earlier
  • 11P(Welsh)
  • R63N
  • R67
  • R69
  • R70
  • R73.