RA action: How to use the instructions from the allocation officer
For claimants who are not on TI and do not quote a reference the allocation officer will tell you which District should deal with the claim.
If the claim does not belong to your District
- write `Priority’ at the top of your covering memo
- send the claim to the claim District immediately
send form 41 A-2 to the claimant.If the claim belongs to your District
- allocate a file reference from the District record of claims references. The reference must consist of one letter and up to five numbers
- use the first letter of the taxpayer’s surname followed by the next unused number for that letter
prepare an R133 in the name of the taxpayer and put the claims reference on it.The allocation officer will give you a D or CT reference for certain cases (RM1246). Cross reference the D or CT and Claims file covers
- attach a note to any vouchers which were stamped with a District date stamp before you saw them. The note should say `already stamped’. Sign and date the note
- cancel any other vouchers received with the claim (RM1020)
- return any documents received with the claim (RM1024)
- if the claim is from a minor’s parent or guardian see RM1032
- go to RM1500 to set the case up before you register the claim.