RA action: If there is a document with the claim
Never pin or pierce an original document in any way.
If the Public Trustee provides you with a photocopy or certified copy you need not return it. In other cases, if there is an original document with the claim
- do not stamp the document or mark it in any way
- return the document to the claimant with a letter based on the draft below
- make a note of the date of return on the claim papers
- if you cannot hand it back
- return it by recorded delivery
- return it by registered post if the claimant asks you to.Adapt the following draft letter to suit the circumstances.
I am returning the document which you sent me with your claim/on ……….* because I cannot deal with the claim immediately.
If possible I shall examine your claim without the document. If I do need the document before making any repayment I shall write and ask you to return it to me for inspection.
- delete or complete as appropriate.