DMBM668640 - Enforcement action: county court proceedings: fees, costs and charges: recording fees incurred
Types of court fees and charges (costs)
Court fees and costs are classified as
- chargeable that is recoverable from the defendant (DMBM690020)
- non-chargeable that is incurred but not recoverable (DMBM690030).
All chargeable fees are recorded on SAFE (DMBM690020).
To create a court fee charge on SAFE see DMBM690040.
Although these fees are not recorded on SEES you must keep a record of them. This can be either
- manual using Book 28 or
- electronic as in an Excel spreadsheet.
Recording fees incurred
When you incur fees
- complete form C17 in duplicate and
- complete your record from the bottom copy of form C17
- pass both copies of form C17, the record and the case papers to a debt manager or above.
The debt manager will
- check the entry against the top copy of form C17, and
- initial the bottom copy of form C17 to certify the amount incurred.