Enforcement action: county court proceedings: fees, costs and charges: additional costs awarded to the claimant
The court may, exceptionally, award you costs over and above the court fees and fixed costs included in the action, for example where they consider that the defendant has caused you unnecessary inconvenience. Although the court may award you additional costs, you must never ask for costs other than the fixed commencement and judgment costs.
If such additional costs are awarded:
- record the amount of the additional costs awarded on the papers, making a note of the circumstances
- complete form C17A in duplicate
- amend the heading to `County Court proceedings’
- pass the top copy of form C17A to a higher debt manager
- enter the amount of the additional costs and any other details on SAFE.