Customer contact and data security: telephone contact: telephone technique: inbound calls
When receiving a call from a customer you should
- answer with the correct greeting (DMBM510330)
- verify the caller correctly (DMBM512800)
- ask appropriate questions to ensure you fully understand the nature of the call (DMBM510390)
- summarise the call with the customer, making sure any further action that is required is clear to them and to you
- end the call appropriately
- be professional at all times
After the call has ended
- note the record correctly using the correct abbreviations for an inbound call and
- always start the note with your PID (DMBM900520).
If any follow up work is needed for example; a letter, then do this after the call has finished.
DMTC staff should ensure that they use the correct codes for each stage of the process.