Customer contact and data security: telephone contact: telephone technique: outbound calls
When making a call to a customer you should
- introduce yourself correctly and ensure you talking to the correct person (DMBM510330)
- explain that due to the nature of your call you need to verify the customer (DMBM512930)
- do verification checks (DMBM512800)
- explain the nature of your call clearly, avoiding any jargon or abbreviations
- discuss the nature of your call by asking appropriate questions and using good listening skills
- summarise the call with the customer, making sure any further action needed is clear
- end the call appropriately
- be professional at all times.
After the call has ended note the record correctly using the correct abbreviations for an outbound call.
If any follow up work is needed for example; a letter, then do this after the call has finished.
DMTC staff should ensure that they use the correct codes for each stage of the process.