This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Collection of Student Loans Manual

FAQs: borrowers questions and answers: stopping making repayments: I am going abroad to work

Suggested answer

The Student Loans Company (SLC) must decide whether you should continue to make deductions through your employer or directly to them. This obviously depends upon the precise details of the circumstances.

Please contact the SLC on 0300 100 0611 and explain the position to them.

HMRC action

None. You may wish to consider change of address, and so on.

Note: If the SLC decide that they will assume responsibility for these repayments they will authorise a Stop Notice to be issued.