This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Collection of Student Loans Manual

FAQs: borrowers questions and answers: deductions made in error: I never finished my course

Suggested answer 

It does not matter whether or not the course is completed.

If you received an income contingent loan (loans advanced since August 1998) when you were at college then it must be repaid, even if you dropped - out.

HMRC action 


Note: If the borrower requires further information he / she should be asked to contact the Student Loans Company on 0300 100 0611.