This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Collection of Student Loans Manual

FAQs: borrowers questions and answers: amount of repayments: do I make repayments if I am bankrupt?

Suggested answer 

This is a specialist area and the Student Loans Company (SLC) deal with five types of personal Insolvency including Bankruptcy. If the SLC confirm that payments should stop, they will ask HMRC to issue a Stop Notice to your employer. Your employer is obliged to continue making deductions until the Stop Notice has been received.

If you are suffering hardship please contact the Student Loans Company on 0300 100 0611.

HMRC action 


Note: This is obviously confidential information and it must not be divulged to the employer or any other third party.