Land: valuation: introduction: scope of chapter
The guidance in this part explains the procedures for obtaining a valuation of land for Capital Gains Tax. CG74001+ deal with land in the United Kingdom and explain
- what valuations you are authorised to accept, see CG74100 - CG74105
- what valuations you need to refer to the Valuation Office Agency, see CG74026 - CG74028
- the Valuation Office Agency’s responsibility, see CG74020 - CG74024
- what information you should provide to the Valuation Office Agency, see CG74330+
- what procedures you should follow to obtain a land valuation, see CG74300+
- what you do if the Valuation Office Agency is unable to reach agreement to a valuation, see CG74500+.
The guidance at CG74010 - CG74551 deals only with the valuation of land in THE UNITED KINGDOM. If the land is situated outside the United Kingdom guidance is at CG75800+. For this purpose land in the Isle of Man or Channel Islands is regarded as situated outside the United Kingdom.