Tax credits

You may be able to claim:

You can apply for Working Tax Credit even if you’re on leave or about to start a new job.

If you already claim tax credits

Call the Tax Credit Helpline to update your claim if you’re already claiming tax credits - you do not need a claim form.

You must tell the Tax Credits Office about changes to your circumstances, for example your childcare costs stop or change by an average of £10 or more a week.

You must renew your claim every year. You’ll get a reminder.