Find out how to make your workplace COVID-secure.
These 14 guides cover a range of different types of work. Many businesses operate more than one type of workplace, such as an office, factory and fleet of vehicles. You may need to use more than one of these guides as you think through what you need to do to keep people safe. Priority actions are outlined at the top of each guide.
There is different guidance for:
- schools, further education and childcare providers
- weddings and civil partnership ceremonies and receptions and celebrations
- public transport operators
From 6 January, a national lockdown applies in all of England. You can only leave home for work purposes where it is unreasonable for you to do your job from home.
Find out more about the national lockdown and what you can and cannot do.
- Close contact services Guidance for people who provide close contact services, including hairdressers, barbers, beauticians, tattooists, sports and massage therapists, dress fitters, tailors and fashion designers.
- Construction and other outdoor work Guidance for people who work in or run outdoor working environments.
- Factories, plants and warehouses Guidance for people who work in or run factories, plants and warehouses.
- Heritage locations Guidance for people who work or volunteer in heritage locations.
- Hotels and other guest accommodation Guidance for people who work in or run hotels and other guest accommodation
- Labs and research facilities Guidance for people who work in or run indoor labs and research facilities and similar environments.
- Offices and contact centres Guidance for people who work in or run offices, contact centres and similar indoor environments.
- Other people's homes Guidance for people working in, visiting or delivering to other people's homes.
- Performing arts Guidance for people who work in performing arts, including arts organisations, venue operators and participants.
- Providers of grassroots sport and sport facilities Guidance for people who work in grassroots sport and sport facilities.
- Restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway services Guidance for people who work in or run restaurants, pubs, bars, cafes or takeaways.
- Shops and branches Guidance for people who work in or run shops, branches, stores or similar environments.
- Vehicles Guidance for people who work in or from vehicles, including couriers, mobile workers, lorry drivers, on-site transit and work vehicles, field forces and similar.
- The visitor economy Guidance for people who work in hotels and guest accommodation, indoor and outdoor attractions, and business events and consumer shows.