Eligibility and requirements for fencing supplement on difficult sites.
Farmers and other land managers can apply for water grants.
Read the accompanying guidance to find out more about Countryside Stewardship water grants 2015.
How much will be paid
£1.24 per metre.
Where the supplement is available
This supplement is only available in Catchment Sensitive Farming target areas to address water pollution caused by farming
How this supplement will benefit the environment
This supplement will help towards the extra costs of fencing on difficult sites, to help habitat management and to protect environmental features.
Applicants must send dated photographs with their application for this item.
Successful applicants will need to keep:
- dated photographs of the fence construction sites taken before and after the work has finished (submit these with any claim and show them on request);
- any consents or permissions relating to the work, and show them on request; and
- receipted invoices or bank statements relating to the work, and show them on request.
How to carry out this supplement
The following section gives advice on carrying out this item successfully.
Pick a location
This item can be used where Natural England have agreed that grants or specifications for standard fencing items are not appropriate. This might be because the sites are:
- cannot be accessed vehicles;
- on steep slopes;
- prone to flooding or waterlogged for large parts of the year; or
- need a lot of ground preparation.
This supplement can be used on the same area as the following options and supplements:
Read the Forestry Commission guidance on fencing in difficult circumstances