Warehousing and storage apprenticeships
Types of apprenticeships that you can apply for in the warehousing and storage sector.
This apprenticeship covers the movement and storage of goods, and is an essential part of logistics operations.
Your duties will depend on your employer, but you could:
- operate specialist machinery to get things onto – and down from – high storage spaces
- improve your spatial awareness, so that you can quickly and efficiently load objects of different shapes and sizes
- learn about keeping some goods at low temperatures
- manage stock
- audit inventory
- keep equipment in good working order
- process returned goods
- manage the receipt, storage and dispatch of goods
- maintain the safety of hazardous goods and materials
You’ll also learn how to maintain health and safety, and work towards a certificate in logistics and transport.
Types of apprenticeships
There are 2 types of warehousing and storage apprenticeships.
Intermediate level apprenticeship
You could train for a warehouse operative role.
Advanced level apprenticeship
You could train for a senior warehouse-person/ream leader role
Apply for a warehousing and storage apprenticeship
You can become an apprentice in England if you’re:
- 16 or over
- eligible to work in England
- not in full-time education