Information for licensed bovine abattoirs about records they must keep to comply with Beef Carcase Classification rules.
All licensed bovine abattoirs must keep records to show they have kept to the rules for classifying beef carcases.
What to record
As a minimum, you must keep:
- the result of the classification
- the approval number of the abattoir
- the kill number of the animal
- the date of slaughter
- the weight of the carcase
- the dressing specification used
- a record that you’ve complied with the rules for communicating the results
- the name, signature and classification licence number of the person who carried out the classification
How long to keep the records
You must keep your records for a minimum of 12 months from the end of the calendar year to which they relate.