Find out what to do if you can no longer use, or you do not want to use transitional simplified procedures to import goods.
You can tell HMRC that you do not want to use transitional simplified procedures if:
- you think you’re no longer eligible
- you no longer wish to use this service
- HMRC has registered your business but you do not want to use them
You must then choose another way to import your goods. You can:
- use a customs agent or third party to help you make declarations
- submit a full customs declaration
- use customs freight simplified procedures to make simplified declarations
You must make sure you have submitted all outstanding declarations and paid all outstanding duties and taxes for goods you have imported using transitional simplified procedures before you tell HMRC.
You’ll need your:
- EORI number starting with GB
- business name and address
We’ll send you a letter to confirm that we’ve accepted your request.