Claim back the student loan repayments that you made while employed as a teacher in the 2018 to 2019 financial year.
You can no longer claim for the financial year 2018 to 2019. You’ll be able to claim for the financial year 2019 to 2020 from September.
If you’ve already submitted a claim, we’ll contact you when we’ve reviewed it.
You can claim if you:
- taught biology, chemistry, physics, computing or languages (not including English) during the 2018 to 2019 financial year (6 April 2018 to 5 April 2019)
- taught at a school in an eligible local authority during the 2018 to 2019 financial year – check which areas are eligible
- are currently employed as a teacher at a state-funded secondary school in England
- spent at least 50% of your contracted hours teaching one or more eligible subjects
- completed your initial teacher training (ITT) course in or after the 2013 to 2014 academic year (1 September to 31 August)
The application should take around 15 to 45 minutes to complete.
Before you apply
- the exact amount of student loan you repaid while employed as a teacher during the 2018 to 2019 financial year (get this from either your annual student loan statement, your P60 if you only had one employer, or all your payslips from this period)
- your National Insurance Number
- your bank account details
- your 7-digit teacher reference number – you can get this from your school, the certificate you got when you qualified, or from the teacher qualifications helpdesk
- the academic year in which you completed your initial teacher training
- your passport or photocard driving licence to prove your identity using GOV.UK Verify – if you’ve used GOV.UK Verify before, you’ll just need your sign-in details
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.