- Skills Funding Agency
- Part of:
- Construction, planning and the built environment apprenticeships and Further education and training
- First published:
- 12 April 2012
- Applies to:
Types of apprenticeships that you can apply for in the surveying sector.
There are different types of surveying and in this apprenticeship you can cover one of 5 pathways.
- Quantity surveying
- General practice
- Building surveying
The nature of your learning will depend on your employer’s scope of operations. Depending on the pathway you choose you could learn:
- health and safety
- how to manage your own workload
- how to help assess the condition of a property
- how to help monitor the maintenance of the property
- how to collect, analyse and presenting measured survey data.
You may have the option to learn other skills such as cost-control, solving disputes and building regulations.
Types of apprenticeships
These are advanced level apprenticeships.
After successful completion of an advanced apprenticeship, you will be well placed in a varied profession with excellent prospects.
- general practice surveyor technician
- building surveyor technician
- quantity surveyor technician
- valuation surveyor technician
- maintenance surveyor technician
Published: 12 April 2012