Information on the trade agreement with South Korea, replicating the effects of the EU-South Korea trade agreement.
This agreement will take effect if the UK leaves the EU with no deal.
Stay up to date
The UK will leave the EU on 31 October. This page tells you how to prepare for Brexit. It will be updated if anything changes, including if a deal is agreed.
Sign up for email alerts to get the latest information.
What the agreement covers
The agreement will form the basis of economic and trade relations between the UK and South Korea. It maintains the effects of the EU-South Korea trade agreement.
This trade agreement covers:
- trade in goods and services, including provisions on rules of origin, preferential tariffs and quotas
- intellectual property, including geographical indications
- technical barriers to trade
- trade remedies
- sanitary and phytosanitary measures
- customs and trade facilitation
- dispute settlement
- government procurement
When the agreement will take effect
This agreement will take effect after Brexit, when the EU-South Korea trade agreement no longer applies to the UK.
If you have queries about trade after Brexit contact the Department for International Trade (DIT).