Use the online service to report the amount of excise duty you need to pay for gas sent, set aside or used as fuel in road vehicle.
To complete your return, you need to know how to measure and record the gas you send, set aside or use as fuel in a road vehicle.
Before you start
To use the service, you’ll need the Government Gateway user ID and password you used when you registered for excise duty on gas for use as fuel in a road vehicle.
To complete your return, you’ll need to know:
- your Unique Taxpayer Reference number
- your business address details and postcode
- the start and end dates for your return
- the quantity of gas you need to pay duty on
- the amount of duty you owe
Submit your return
You can also submit your return using the print and post form. You’ll need to complete the form before you can print it, as unfinished forms cannot be saved.