- Skills Funding Agency
- Part of:
- Engineering and manufacturing technologies apprenticeships and Further education and training
- 12 April 2012
- Applies to:
Types of apprenticeships that you can apply for in the refrigeration and air conditioning sector.
This apprenticeship covers a wide range of skills and occupations from keeping us cool to keeping blood at the right temperature for lifesaving operations.
You’ll help install, service and repair temperature and air quality control systems. This work might include:
- surveying potential installation sites
- producing estimates
- planning the layout of pipework, ducts and control panels
- fitting components.
If you prefer practical work you could train as a service and maintenance engineer, and fix any problems.
Types of apprenticeships
There are 2 types of refrigeration and air conditioning apprenticeships.
Intermediate level apprenticeship
You could train in roles like:
- refrigeration operative
- air conditioning operative
Advanced level apprenticeship
You’ll take on more specialised roles like:
- refrigeration technician
- refrigeration service and maintenance technician
- air conditioning technician
- air conditioning service and maintenance technician
Apply for a refrigeration and air conditioning apprenticeship
You can become an apprentice in England if you’re:
- 16 or over
- eligible to work in England
- not in full-time education
Published: 12 April 2012