Prevent duty training
Access training courses on the Prevent duty, the threat from terrorism and extremism in the UK and how to support people vulnerable to radicalisation.
Prevent is one part of the government’s overall counter-terrorism strategy, CONTEST. The aim of Prevent is to:
- tackle the causes of radicalisation and respond to the ideological challenge of terrorism
- safeguard and support those most at risk of radicalisation through early intervention
- enable those who have already engaged in terrorism to disengage and rehabilitate
In these training courses, you will learn about:
- the Prevent duty
- different forms of extremism and terrorism
- the risk around radicalisation and your supportive role
- making a Prevent referral that is both informed and made with good intention
- the interventions and support available
If you experience any issues with the service or our site, please refer to our help section. A link can be found at the footer of every page.
This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
If you have started a course and would like to complete it, use your reference number to resume your course