- Skills Funding Agency
- Part of:
- Engineering and manufacturing technologies apprenticeships and Further education and training
- 12 April 2012
- Applies to:
Types of apprenticeships that you can apply for in the power engineering sector.
Power engineering involves generating, distributing and making use of electric power.
In the next 10 years, around 50,000 new employers will have to be recruited into the power sector.
Your training could involve maintaining the motors and transformers used in the electric process. Work in this industry can also be geared towards improving the efficiency of power systems.
Types of apprenticeships
This is a higher level apprenticeships - level 4. You could train in roles like:
- asset management/strategy engineer
- design and/or planning engineer
- programme planning engineer
- operations engineer
Apply for a power engineering apprenticeship
You can become an apprentice in England if you’re:
- 16 or over
- eligible to work in England
- not in full-time education
Published: 12 April 2012