Pay the Spirit Drinks Verification Scheme fee
How to pay your verification fee for the Spirit Drinks Verification Scheme.
If you apply to join the Spirit Drinks Verification Scheme, you’ll need to pay a fee. Check how much your verification fee will be for:
The verification fee is non-refundable and outside the scope of VAT.
Why you need to pay
HMRC manages the verification scheme with the intention of recovering only our administration costs each financial year. These include
- overhead costs of staff carrying out verification work
- staff travel expenses
The fees charged for UK processes are reviewed every year to make sure that charges match the verification scheme costs to HMRC. Fees are adjusted every 2 years to:
- cover the expected costs of the scheme
- account for any deficits or surpluses
- provide equity during the 2-year rolling programme of verification visits
We’ll publish any changes to the fees in the relevant technical guidance, and issue invoices to you for the verification fees using the information you have given on your application.
HMRC will consult the industry if substantial changes are needed to the fee structure.
When you need to pay
After you’ve applied to join the scheme, or submitted an Undertaking, we’ll send you an invoice covering your fee for registration and verification.
You’ll need to pay your fee:
- before a verification visit can be arranged, if applicable — you’ll only be visited if you’re a producer in the UK
- within 30 days of the date on the invoice
If you do not pay
You’ll receive one reminder that your invoice is unpaid. If your payment is not received:
- you’ll not receive your verification visit, if applicable
- you’ll be deemed non-compliant from the date we give you
- details of your verified production facilities will be amended, removed or not included on the look-up service
- any products produced after the date we give you will not be verified — details will be amended, removed or not included on the list of verified brands on the look-up service
- we may inform the designated enforcement authority
What you’ll need
You’ll need the 14-digit reference number you were given after you applied for the Spirit Drinks Verification Scheme.
Your payment may be delayed if you use the wrong number.
How much time to allow
The time you need to allow depends on how you pay. You should also check your bank’s transaction limits and processing times before making a payment.
|Payment method||Time to allow|
|Approve a payment through your online bank account||Same or next day|
|Online or telephone banking (Faster Payments)||Same or next day|
|CHAPS||Same or next day|
|Bacs||3 working days|
If the deadline to pay the verification fee falls on a weekend or bank holiday, make sure your payment reaches us on the last working day before it, unless you’re paying by Faster Payments (online or telephone banking).
How to pay
Approve a payment through your online bank account.
You can pay directly using your online or mobile bank account.
When you’re ready to pay, start your Spirits Drinks Verification Fee payment. Select the ‘pay by bank account’ option. You’ll then be directed to sign in to your online or mobile banking account to approve your payment.
The payment is usually instant but sometimes it takes up to 2 hours to show in your account.
You’ll need to have your online banking details ready to pay this way.
Online or telephone banking, CHAPS or Bacs
Use the following details to pay by Faster Payments, CHAPS or Bacs.
|Sort code||Account number||Account name|
|20 50 46||73987795||HMRC Accounts Receivable Receipts|
Use these details to pay from an overseas account.
|Bank identifier code (BIC) / Swift code||Account number (IBAN)||Account name|
|BARCGB22||GB61 BARC 2050 4673 9877 95||HMRC Accounts Receivable Receipts|
HMRC’s banking address is:
Barclays Bank Plc
1 Churchill Place
Last updated 28 July 2022 + show all updates
You can now pay the Spirit Drinks Verification Scheme fee using your online or mobile bank account.
Overseas payment details updated.