Find out how to pay all or some of your grant back if you've overclaimed through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.
If you’ve overclaimed through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, you can either:
- correct it in your next claim
- make a payment to HMRC (only if you’re not making another claim)
What you’ll need
You’ll need your 14 or 15 digit payment reference number that begins with X.
You must contact HMRC to get your payment reference number.
How to pay
Bank details for online or telephone banking, CHAPS and Bacs
You can pay by Faster Payments, CHAPS or Bacs to HMRC’s account.
|Sort code||Account number||Account name|
|08 32 10||12001039||HMRC Cumbernauld|
- Faster Payments (online or telephone banking) usually reach HMRC on the same or next day, including weekends and bank holidays
- CHAPS usually reach HMRC the same working day if you pay within your bank’s processing times
- Bacs usually take 3 working days
Your payment may be delayed if you use the wrong reference number.