Parental responsibility measures attendance census
How local authorities should collect and submit data for the annual attendance measures census.
Local authorities must complete the parental responsibility measures attendance census each October.
You must submit details of the controls you put in place in the previous academic year to help parents make sure their children attend school, including:
- parenting contracts
- parenting orders
- penalty notices for unauthorised absence
- number of cases you’ve entered into the fast track case management system
Dates for the 2016 census:
- census opens: 5 September 2016
- deadline for submitting data: 4 November 2016
Submit your data
You should submit your data using COLLECT, our centralised data collection and management system.
Note that we’ll only be able to change the status of your data submission to ‘authorised’ once you’ve cleared all errors in the data in COLLECT.
The following documents will help you complete the census:
If you’re looking for guides from past collections of the census, visit the ‘Parental responsibility measures attendance census: closed censuses’ page.
Do you need help?
Please use the service request form if you have any questions about your data. We aim to answer your question within 5 working days.
Reset your Secure Access login details using the forgotten password or username form.
Please contact your school or local authority approver, if:
- you want to request a Secure Access username or password so you can access COLLECT
- ‘parental responsibility measures attendance census’ isn’t on the list of collections you can see in COLLECT
If you don’t know who your approver is, please use the Secure Access service request form.
Please use the feedback form if you have any comments about our data collection service, including COLLECT and the helpdesk service.
Published: 25 March 2014
Updated: 24 August 2016
- Added a link to the 2016 census COLLECT guide.
- Added information about the 2016 census.
- Added COLLECT guide for the 2015 parental responsibility measures attendance census.
- Added link to the 2015 census guide for local authorities.
- Added dates for the 2015 census.
- Added census and COLLECT guide links to the parental responsibility measures attendance census 2014.
- First published.