Find out more on the latest changes to steel safeguard measures.
The European Commission has announced in the Official Journal, ref. 2019/C169/08, dated 17 May 2019 the start of a review of safeguard measures on 26 steel products.
The scope of the review will cover:
- the level and allocation of tariff-rate quota for a number of specific product categories
- crowding out of traditional trade flows
- potential detrimental effects in achieving the integration objectives pursued with preferential trading partners
- an update of the list of developing World Trade Organisation member countries excluded from the scope of the measures based on their most recent level of imports
- other changes of circumstances that may require an adjustment to the level of allocation of the tariff-rate quota
The Commission will complete this review in the shortest timeframe and aim to be concluded before 30 September 2019. As a result no hearings can be arranged.
All interested parties are invited to make known their views, submit information and provide supporting evidence to the Commission, within 15 days from 17 May 2019. Read the notice for instructions.
List of product categories subject to definitive safeguard measures:
|Product Number||Product category|
|1||non alloy and other alloy hot rolled sheets and strips|
|2||non alloy and other alloy hot rolled sheets|
|3.A||electrical sheets (other than GOES)|
|3.B||electrical sheets (other than GOES)|
|4.A||metallic coated sheets|
|4.B||metallic coated sheets|
|5||organic coated sheets|
|6||tin mill products|
|7||non alloy and other alloy quarto plates|
|8||stainless hot rolled sheets and strips|
|9||stainless cold rolled sheets and strips|
|10||stainless hot rolled quarto plates|
|12||non alloy and other alloy merchant bars and light sections|
|14||stainless bars and light sections|
|15||stainless wire rod|
|16||non alloy and other alloy wire rod|
|17||angles, shapes and sections of iron or non alloy steel|
|22||seamless stainless tubes and pipes|
|24||other seamless tubes|
|25||large welded tubes|
|27||non alloy and other alloy cold finished bars|
|28||non alloy wire|
To stop getting the Tariff stop press notices, or to add recipients to the distribution lists, email: email@example.com.
See the UK Trade Tariff for the full duty rate, unit of quality, preferences, quotas, footnotes and VAT rate.