The London laboratory provides public health microbiology services to communicable disease control consultants in local health protection units.
The laboratory provides Public Health England with diagnostic microbiology, virology, mycology and infection control services related to outbreak and other public health issues.
The laboratory provides a range of services which include:
- active surveillance of community and healthcare-associated infections (HCAI), including antimicrobial resistance
- translational research and development
- hepatitis and respiratory virus infections
- sexually transmitted infections
- molecular diagnostic tests
View a list of general clinical tests available from the majority of Public Health England regional microbiology laboratories. Please call the laboratory to confirm test availability.
Results for around 80% of tests are available within 3 days.
Public Health Laboratory London