London public health laboratory: services
London clinical and public health laboratory is based at Barts and the London NHS Trust.
The laboratory provides Public Health England with diagnostic microbiology, virology, mycology and infection control services related to outbreak and other public health issues.
The laboratory provides a range of services which include:
- active surveillance of community and healthcare-associated infections (HCAI), including antimicrobial resistance
- translational research and development
- hepatitis and respiratory virus infections
- sexually transmitted infections
- molecular diagnostic tests
- molditov identification of bacteria
View a list of general clinical tests available from the majority of Public Health England regional microbiology laboratories. Please call the laboratory to confirm test availability.
Results for around 80% of tests are available within 3 days.
CPA: Microbiology 0874; Virology 1937
Public Health Laboratory London
Barts and The London
Pathology & Pharmacy Building
80 Newark Street
Telephone (general enquiries) 020 3246 0311
Telephone (results) 020 3246 0311
Fax (specimen reception) 020 3246 0367