Land registration – guidance

Land Registry lender services

Use the Land Registry portal to discharge mortgages.

Mortgage lenders can use our portal for electronic discharge of whole. Find out what this means in Practice guide 31: discharges of charges.

Get access to lender services

You need a portal ID to access our lender services. If you don’t already have one, sign up to Business e-services.

You also need to sign our Memorandum of understanding: portal access to cancel registered charges.

How to discharge a charge

To find out how to use the portal to discharge a charge, read Land Registry portal: discharge a charge (e-DS1) or watch our video guide.

Module e-DS1