- Skills Funding Agency
- Part of:
- Information and communication technology (ICT) apprenticeships and Further education and training
- 12 April 2012
- Applies to:
Types of apprenticeships that you can apply for in the information security sector.
It’s becoming more important to protect the information of companies and consumers because so many industries like finance, retail and travel are online.
You’ll gain qualifications and skills that enable you to effectively operate IT systems and develop your business and interpersonal skills, both vital to becoming an information security professional. You’ll be expected to work quickly, under pressure and to strict deadlines.
Types of apprenticeships
On this higher level apprenticeship (level 4) you could train in roles like:
- junior ProMon or network engineer
- junior IA and cyber research scientist or engineer
- junior security engineer
- junior network security officer
- junior governance officer
Apply for an information security apprenticeship
You can become an apprentice in England if you’re:
- 16 or over
- eligible to work in England
- not in full-time education
Published: 12 April 2012