The Influence Programme develops enhanced and novel concepts, tools and techniques, underpinned by behavioural science, to modernise information and outreach.
In contemporary society, people communicate and interact with each other in new and complex ways, which has led to a change in traditional military operations.
The Influence Programme develops enhanced and novel influence concepts, tools and techniques, underpinned by behavioural science, to modernise information and outreach capabilities. Influence is now central to military activities; words, images and actions can achieve strategic, operational and tactical influence.
The importance of exerting the UK’s influence was highlighted in the Strategic Defence and Security Review 2015. It emphasised the contribution of all defence activity and defence engagement – including all aspects of information activities and outreach and information operations – to reach target audiences.
The programme’s work includes:
- developing outreach capability fit for the future defence and security operating environment
- delivering innovative concepts and technologies to help develop effective relationships with diverse overseas audiences
- driving information activities and outreach to achieve upstream influence, including supporting military strategic communications
- generating insights to enable exploitation of information and intelligence to understand the identities, interests, motivations of individuals, groups and networks
- building collaborative projects with international partners, to include concepts for target audience analysis and techniques to overcome language and culture barriers
- seeking wider opportunities for exploitation through consideration of the tools and techniques for influence.
For more information about this programme, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org