Highways England noise insulation scheme

If your property is affected by road noise from a Highways England road you may qualify for their noise insulation scheme.

Highways England introduced a noise insulation scheme to provide practical assistance to residents who experience the highest levels of noise from the roads we manage. The scheme is now closed and we’re not currently contacting any more properties to be included.

We’re in the process of setting up a new scheme and will be contacting eligible customers in due course.

Any questions for general noise relating to the strategic road network should be sent to:

If you have a query specifically relating to the noise insulation scheme, please contact:

Published 10 June 2017
Last updated 15 July 2020 + show all updates
  1. Announcement of current scheme closure

  2. Page title change

  3. Page text updated

  4. Changes to guarantee (warranty) periods for noise insulation and ventilation work

  5. Text of all sections updated.

  6. First published.