Get in touch with our International Unit for help and advice about developing land administration systems.
About the International Unit
Since 2003, we have been providing expert advice and technical know-how to countries who want to develop their own land administration systems. We specifically focus on countries who want to:
- establish and develop private land and property ownership
- establish security of land tenure
- develop functioning land and mortgage markets
Advice, support and consultancy
We offer consultancy services to governments and specialist sub-contractors on larger land administration projects. Our experts can support and advise on land administration issues including:
- land registration information technology systems
- land law and property rights
- operational processes
- mapping and survey
We recognise that each country’s economic, social, political and technical circumstances are different, so our services are tailored to your specific needs. If you would like to find out more, please contact us.
Country scoping involves an initial visit of HM Land Registry experts to your country. This allows us to assess your current business processes and surrounding environment.
After our visit we will use our experience and expertise to assess the situation and suggest realistic and appropriate next steps that will support your future needs.
A clearly defined set of recommendations specific to your situation will be presented. These recommendations will be fact-based and evidenced.
The reports will be your property to use as you wish, though we can also support the implementation of our recommendations in a way that suits you.
If you are interested in arranging a scoping mission, please contact us.
Browse through some examples of our international work and see how other countries and organisations have benefited from our services.
- Helping Colombians displaced from their land
- Modernising Alderney’s systems
- Making history in Bermuda
Arrange a study visit to meet our experts and see our operations in practice. We provide this service to officials working in land administration and policy from overseas government and commercial organisations. We:
- arrange visits for groups of all sizes
- tailor our programmes to meet visitors’ needs
- share our knowledge and expertise through discussion and practical demonstration of our operational practices and services
Our training packages are designed to meet your needs and deliver long term benefits to trainees and their organisations. Training covers a wide range of topics related to land administration, including:
- land registration policy and practice
- land administration procedures and documentation
- basic principles of land law and rights
- human resources
- customer service
We offer training solutions through a range of different channels and methods:
- blended training (combining pre-reading with classroom sessions)
We work with several UK organisations responsible for land administration:
- Land and Property Services Northern Ireland (LPSNI)
- Registers of Scotland (RoS)
- Ordnance Survey (OS)
- Valuation Office Agency (VOA)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
If you are interested in working with us, please contact us.
Membership of international land bodies
As one of the world’s leading land registration authorities, we contribute to global land policy and best practice through membership of several international bodies. These include:
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
- European Land Registry Association (ELRA)
- Permanent Committee on Cadastre in the European Union (PCC)
- European Land Information Service (EULIS)
- Centro Internacional de Derecho Registral (CINDER)