Types of apprenticeships that you can apply for in HM Forces.
HM Forces continually recruit young people from all walks of life who are interested in securing a career within the forces and improving their education.
You could work for the Royal Naval Service as a sailor or marine or as an airman in the RAF Regiment, carrying out duties including:
- force protection
- overt and covert missions: aggressive, peacekeeping or humanitarian
Or you could be a combat infantryman (CI) in the Army. This is a specialist role and you’ll be expected to partake in high-risk combat operations. CI can also expect to undertake peace keeping and humanitarian roles.
Types of apprenticeships
This is an intermediate level apprenticeship. You can train in roles like:
- sailor (Royal Naval Service)
- marine (Royal Naval Service)
- combat infantryman (CI) (Army)
- airman (RAF Regiment)
Apply for an HM Forces apprenticeship
You can become an apprentice in England if you’re:
- 16 or over
- eligible to work in England
- not in full-time education